How to monitor Equallogic PS SAN with snmp?

Josh Wells josh.wells at lionbank.com
Tue Aug 26 17:56:01 CEST 2008

I'm wanting to add monitoring of an equallogic PS series SAN to Nagios.
It is SNMP capable but I don't know much about SNMP. Can someone point
me in the right direction to learn how to do this? I'm curious to know
what can be monitored on the SAN through SNMP and how I would go about
setting it up with Nagios. Would I need an equallogic specific plugin
for Nagios? Thanks for any help.