Service / Host dependencies

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 00:19:57 CEST 2008

Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?  The normal process is, even
if a host is up, the services it provides could be dead in the water.
I don't think you really want this, but instead, if you want to give
the service check more time to determine if a problem is REALLY a
problem, increase the max_check_attempts of the service in question,
giving Nagios more time to check the service to really change it's
state to a HARD state.  Read up on different states and how they work
at:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/statetypes.html

Taylor