Netware Servers

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:12:23 CEST 2008

Hi there, you should really read the Nagios documentation to
understand how the configuration files work.  You'll need to create a
file on your own with your netware server declarations and services
you want checked on them.  Then specify Nagios to read that config
file with the cfg_file directive in the main nagios.cfg file.  But
there's some good resources out there for you!  First, make sure you
install MRTGEXT module on your Novell servers to ease monitoring of
your NetWare servers.  The URL for this module is at:

http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?mrtgext

You can then use the nwstat plugin (Part of the official Nagios
plugins project) to contact that module to get statistical information
of your server.  The man page for the nwstat plugin is at:

http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_nwstat

The Cool Solutions document I read to get this information is at:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/trench/1576.html

I found this information by doing a google search for:  netware nagios

Taylor Dondich