Nagios 3 GUI config tools

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 03:01:34 CEST 2008

Hi, my name is Taylor Dondich.  I was the primary developer for
Fruity, and am currently working on Lilac, the "fork" of Fruity which
supports Nagios 3.  The reason why Fruity hasn't made any progress is
because my previous employer really didn't support the project as
which they originally stated.  I left that employer and decided a
fresh start was needed because the Fruity project was tainted with
that issue.  Lilac is rebuilt with a completely new backend and very
friendly UI.  It's goal is to support Nagios 3 out of the box
including the new timeperiod support, multiple inheritance (ick ick
ick) as well as a rich import/export feature.  Auto-discovery MAY make
it into the initial release.  I am working hard on it and we're
looking at releasing an alpha this weekend.  It would be great if
people checked out the code from the repository and tried it out and
gave feedback.  The site is at www.lilacplatform.net (under
construction), and the instructions for installing from the repository
is under Documentation.  Right now search, import and export is
broken, which I'm working on correcting and finalizing in the next
couple of days.

Taylor Dondich