check_disk_smb question

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 16:25:33 CEST 2008

The way nagios works
1) You define a host
2) You define a command
3) You define a service, which belongs to a host, and has a command

In this case you'd want something like this. This will allow you to
monitor any share on any host, with a username/password of foo/bar

Commands.cfg:
define command{
         command_name    check_disk_samba
         command_line    $USER1$/check_disk_smb -H  $HOSTADDRESS$ -s
$ARG1$ -u foo -p bar -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
}

Host.cfg:
define service {
       use                      generic-service
       host_name                harrold
       service_description      SMB
       check_command            check_disk_smb!Company!80!90!
       }

(as an aside, the version of check_disk_smb I have (or rather the
version of smbclient) seems to fail once the file share goes over about
2TB, so I have to use snmp in those cases, however that's fairly
irellevent.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/