check_disk_smb question

Gabe Granger gabe at 2cv.co.uk
Wed Aug 20 11:51:22 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Its been a while since I used nagios and I want to monitor a linux file
server, I think the plug I need to use is check_disk_smb but I could be
wrong.  I'm running Nagios 2 on Ubuntu and below is a copy of the config
I'm using for the host.  Currently my config looks like the below and
I'm sure I'm missing something important I just don't know what.

/etc/nagios2/conf.d/host-harrold_nagios2.cfg

define host {

        host_name   harrold

        alias       harrold

        address     *.*.*.*

        use         generic-host

        }

define service {

       use                      generic-service

       host_name                harrold

       service_description      SSH

       check_command            check_ssh

       }

define service {

       use                      generic-service

       host_name                harrold

       service_description      SMB

       check_command            check_disk_smb

#       command_line            -s Company -u foo -p bar ; commented out
as nagios wont start with it as is

       }

The result from the above in the web interface is following error

**ePN /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb: "Option s requires an
argument".

The share I want to monitor is "Company"  and when I execute the plugin
directly everything works fine

./check_disk_smb -H *.*.*.* -s Company -u foo -p bar

Domain=[2CV] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.14a-Debian]

Disk ok - 93.2G (40%) free on \\*.*.*.*\Company

I just need to know how to correctly add the switches to the config, or
maybe there is somewhere else I need to add the config for the specific
service?  Any help would be great as I think this is a simple problem to
fix...

Regards

Gabe
Gabe Granger
Systems Administrator

2CV
34 Rose St
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 9EB
Reception +44 (0)20 7655 9900
DDI +44 (0)20 7655 9949
+44 7880 706 939

www.2cv.co.uk
Sponsors of the APG Creative Strategy Awards, 1997-2007

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.

2CV Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company Number 319 5457

Registered Office 34 Rose St, London, WC2E 9EB