Build problems on Solaris 2.5.2

stan stanb at panix.com
Tue Aug 19 14:05:14 CEST 2008

I am trying to build 3.0.2 on Solaris 2.51. I have updated GCC with the
latest from SunFreeware which is 3.4.2 and added what I beleive to be all
the requisite libraries etc. Now I am down to what appears to be a fairly
strightfoward link order issue. I have copie snprintf.o from base to
common, so I am past thta. But here is how it is failing:

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DNSCORE -o nagios nagios.c broker.o
nebmods.o checks.o config.o commands.o events.o flapping.o logging.o
macros-base.o notifications.o sehandlers.o skiplist.o utils.o
retention-base.o xretention-base.o comments-base.o xcomments-base.o
objects-base.o xobjects-base.o statusdata-base.o xstatusdata-base.o
perfdata-base.o xperfdata-base.o downtime-base.o xdowntime-base.o
../common/snprintf.o     -lm  -lpthread -ldl -lposix4  -L/usr/local/lib
-lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv

 mmap64                              /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
 open64                              /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
 dirname                             xobjects-base.o
 snprintf                            utils.o
 fstat64                             /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
 fopen64                             /usr/local/lib/libintl.so
 ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nagios
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 *** Error code 1
 make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nagios'

Cna anyone provied any sugestions here?

programs.