(no subject)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Aug 14 16:29:53 CEST 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Tijn wrote:

> After an upgrade from Nagios 3.0.1 to 3.0.3 I have some trouble. When
> I remove an object, a server, from the configuration file; the server
> is also gone from the web interface, everything looks well.  But
> Nagios keeps sending mails about the server that would be down.

You have multiple nagios daemons running at the same time. One with
the old config and one with the new.

> I use Nagios in combination with NDOutils. I realized l that I
> compiled nagios 3.0.3 without the configure parameter --enable-event-
> broker.
> After recompilation and a new installation I'm still receiving mail
> from Nagios about the server that would be down.

ndoutils has no affect on or association with notifications. It's only
purpose is to store status information in a database for use outside
of nagios.

> When I restart Nagios I see in the systemlog the following messages:
> ==>
> ndo2db: Error: mysql_query() failed for 'INSERT INTO
> nagios_configfilevariables SET instance_id='1', configfile_id='19',
> varname='cfg_file',
> varvalue='/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/netware\.cfg''
> <==
> For every cfg file the same message.
>
> What can I do? Reinstalling the Mysql/NDO database?

I see these too but haven't been concerned with figuring out what
causes it since the data is in the database and I don't have a real
use for it at this point. That's just to say that it doesn't have
anything to do with your notification issue or have any affect on
nagios' operation.

--
Marc