[Nagiosplug-help] IPsec/racoon monitoring plugin

Alex Dehaini alexdehaini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:03:06 CEST 2008

If it listens on a port, use check_udp to listen on port 4500.

I don't understand your second question. You can create a VPN tunnel using
two routers or VPN apps like openvpn or freeswan running unix/linux.
Alternatively, you can use DNAT and send all port 80 requests to your nagios
server.

Lex

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Frank Fiene <ffiene at veka.com> wrote:

> Am Montag 11 August 2008 10:13:47 schrieb Alex Dehaini:
> > Does racoon listen on a port?
>
> Only if NAT-Traversal is enabled, Port 4500 UDP i think.
>
> But what i would do is to create a VPN between your Nagios server and the
> VPN
> gateway and try ICMP through the tunnel.
>
> Regards!
>
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Proskurin Kirill
> <k.proskurin at fxclub.org>wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > Is nagios have some plugin to monitoring of FreeBSD racoon daemon?
>

> --
> Frank Fiene / IT-Services
> Fon: +49 2526 29-6200
> Fax: +49 2526 29-16-6200
> mailto: ffiene at veka.com
> www.veka.com
>
> VEKA AG
> Dieselstr. 8
> 48324 Sendenhorst
> Deutschland/Germany
>
> Vorstand: Andreas Hartleif (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas W. Hillebrand
>                Bonifatius Eichwald, Elke Hartleif, Dr. Werner Schuler
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Heinrich Laumann
> HRB 8282 AG Münster

Alex Dehaini
Developer
Site - www.alexdehaini.com