Any plugin for a TroubleTicketing System for Nagios??

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Mon Aug 11 04:04:48 CEST 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:01:49 -0400, "Brian A. Seklecki"
<lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 13:31 -0400, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
>> FYI in my setups Nagios have it own SMTP server so that if the mail
>
>SMTP sounds nice, except in general it really isnt :)
>
>You'll need a discriminating logic check to selectively generate tickets
>for hosts/service status changes.  For example, the health check on your
>CMS system probably shouldn't try to generate a CMS ticket.
>
>Maybe a special contact group and/or regex matching in your
>notify_command.

Why not tie into the event_handler, instead of the notify_command?
event_handler doesn't necessarily have to "fix" something, but it can
be used to trigger other events, such as logging a ticket.  It'd
certainly be a much better option than notify, as notify executes
every time a notification is supposed to be generated, which would
ultimately end up generating lots of tickets, unless you can build
some complex rules into your notification alert that checks for an
existing ticket for that host/service, then only creates it once.
--
Jon Angliss