check [snmp] printer ricoh aficio 3245c

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Sat Aug 9 19:00:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:39:26 +0100, "Marcelo M. Garcia"
<marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'm trying to monitor a Ricoh Aficio 3245C, but neither check_printers
>nor check_snmp_printers seems to be working very well.
>
>With check_snmp_printer, or I got blank or error, like this:
>====
>[root at newt plugins]# ./check_snmp_printer 194.193.148.130 PrinterMIB MODEL
><blank line>
>[root at newt plugins]#
>====

The only check_snmp_printer I have is a perl script, so I'm guessing
you grabbed the one from nagiosexchange.  Looking at the code, arg3 is
supposed to be the community for the printer.  For example:

./check_snmp_printer 192.168.1.2 public MODEL

You should also validate that your printer has the OIDs available. For
example:

  snmpwalk -c public -v 1 192.168.1.2 1.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1

If you get no response from that, the script isn't going to work
either.

[..]
>The manual of the printer says that there are 4 MIBs:
>* MIB-II
>* PrinterMIB
>* HostResourceMIB
>* RicohPrivateMIB
>I tried all these MIBs and the result is the same.
>
>And finally,  with "check_printer" I got:
>[root at newt plugins]# ./check_printer 194.193.148.130 public toner
>PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function snmp_set_quick_print() in
>/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_printer on line 82
>[root at newt plugins]#

This looks like your php isn't built with snmp enabled.  You can
validate with a quick one-liner...

  php -r 'phpinfo();' | grep -i snmp

You should see at least the following come back:

  NET-SNMP Support => enabled
  NET-SNMP Version => 5.4

Version information could obviously be different.

>I don't know if the problem is this printer or I'm entering wrong
>options to the commands. The following command works:
>snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 194.193.148.130

It certainly looks like the way you're calling it is wrong.  The
--
Jon Angliss