nrpe and sudo

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:49:22 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to run sudo /usr/sbin/clustat -s $service -l from nrpe.
I can run it on the nrpe machine as the nagios user and it works fine.
 However, when I call it from my nagios machine via check_nrpe it is
not working.   Since sudo works locally, it is something with nrpe in
how it is calling the sudo command that is making sudo not match.  my
sudoers is pretty open as it sits right now for testing:
nagios  ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

I even broke it down to a very simple script:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use lib "/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins";
use utils qw(%ERRORS);
$command = "sudo /bin/echo shit";
$foo = `$command`;
print "$foo\n";
exit $ERRORS{'OK'};

I get this from the other side:
CHECK_NRPE: No output returned from daemon.

I see that you can prefix all commands with sudo in the nrpe.cfg but I
only need it for a few plugins so would rather just call it from the
script.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks!