Nagios Sound Alerts configuration

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 6 17:05:58 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 10:25:09AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > but no sound.  Nothing indicative in the frame source...
> >
> > Did I miss something?
>
> Sure I did.
>
> I didn't uncomment the audio file pointers in cgi.cfg, *or* install
> Quicktime.

And, after discovering that the Quicktime that Firefox 3 will download
for you *will not run* on Win2k (it's too new, you need 7.1.6) *and*
that FF3 *blocks* that version for you because it crashes their build,
and they can't be bothered to find out why, I finally have FF playing
alert noises.

Every time.

Even though I'm on the Service Problems - Unhandled screen, and I've
gone into each service and acknowledged it.   Sticky.

They're still there.

They're still be-bonging.  (on the status page, not the tac page)

Anyone got any ideas what stupid thing I'm missing?

Audio Alerts on the CGI doco page is the only easily accessible place
that talks about them, and I'm not clear from it why that's
happening... unless it's that my tac page thinks they're still
unhandled problems, even though I've acknowledged them.

Do "acknowledge" and "handle" really not mean the same thing?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)