Alerting on 100% cpu for a period of time

Palle L Jensen palleje at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:44:42 CEST 2008

Lars,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.
We use NSclient++ to monitor windows hosts and this is our setup for
monitoring the Cpu Load on windows hosts.

#Command Definition for CPU Load (were $USER7 is a macro for the pwd to
#access the windows host):

define command{
        command_name    check_nt_cpu
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 12489 -v
CPULOAD -l $ARG1$ -s $USER7$
        }

#This service definition will generate a critical alert if the 10-minute CPU
#load is 90% or more or a warning alert if the 10-minute load is 80% or
#greater. Just change the 10,80,90 as you please to fit your monitoring.

Service definition:
define service {
	use			generic-service
	host_name		thehost001