Nagios Looking Glass - what do you want to see?

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 23:51:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Nagios Looking Glass was first formed as a project nearly 2 years ago,
with the sole aim to provide a public-facing, read-only interface to
provide Nagios status updates to end users.
Since then, the team has received plenty of suggestions for how we can
take the project further in the future, and we quickly realised that the
version 1 series wouldn't be around for very long - it doesn't allow
room for growth.

We have got some exciting features lined up for version 2, unfortunately
it's looking likely this won't be ready even for an alpha for another
6-8 months, therefore we've decided to keep NLG 1 alive longer, and will
continue to add new functionality as requested.

Thanks to the contribution of Network Mail, we have a new project
management system that will give us greater control of tracking feature
requests and development, therefore if there's a feature you'd like to
see in NLG (either v1 or 2) please send it in reply to this e-mail and
we'll add it to the plan!  If you've previously requested a feature,
please request it again to ensure it gets added.

In a month or so we should have drawn up a specification available to
view and comment on, and we'll develop NLG v2 to that spec, and
hopefully have a product that meets the majority of your needs.  If we
can squeeze an improvement into 1.1 as well, we will do.

If you've used NLG in the past or still use it, thanks so much; please
let us know if there's anything we can do to make it more useful for
you.  If you've looked at it, but not used it, then please tell us why,
and we'll do our best to make it a product that will be of use to you.

Regards,

Andy Shellam
Project Manager