hierarchical nagios

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at altinity.com
Mon Aug 4 19:51:28 CEST 2008

On 4 Aug 2008, at 17:28, dave stern - e-mail.pluribus.unum wrote:

> We have a primary nagios install that monitors hosts/services spread
> across multiple
> labs (political domains). In one of the labs, I've build a nagios
> install monitoring all of
> its local hosts and services. It would be interesting to tie the two
> together. Ultimatey
> what I'd like to see is a "30,000 foot" view monitoring just the
> distributed servers
> and some kind of link to drill down into the individual labs. The top
> view would not
> change color if a host/service in a lab went down unless it were
> defined as a server.
> Is this possible? Has anyone done anything like this?

This sounds like Hostgroup Hierarchy.

Opsview has a feature where we group hostgroups in a hierarchical
fashion and then the /status/hostgroup link shows you the complete
summary of all those hostgroups and all the host/service states
underneath. We do this by utilising the NDO information and running
some complex SQL.

There is more information here:  http://opsview.org/hostgrouphierarchy
   Duncs
--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer, Altinity Limited

http://www.altinity.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US:  +1 866 879 9184
Fax: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: duncan_j_ferguson
MSN: duncan.ferguson at altinity.com

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Altinity Limited | 404 Seven Sisters Road | London | N4 2LX | United
Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales under company number 4743767