Using SNMP to get 'top' information

Phuk Yu phuk.yu2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:25:32 CEST 2008

I'm wondering what's the best way to get resource hog information in Linux
from Nagios.

is enterprises.ucdavis.extTable.extEntry.extCommand.1 ="/usr/bin/top  -bcisS
-n 3"

the way to go?

Or should I use the Nagios plug check_top_process.sh as an event handler and
just  have the script  placed on each managed system and run remotely when
there  is a critical or warning state after checking for the system load.

Thanks for any help.