Issue with Contacts and Notifications

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 30 17:33:45 CEST 2008

point

If you provide the information I asked for originally, we can almost
certainly help.

> me to a list of steps to add and use additional contact_groups?  Maybe
> can start from scratch and figure it out.

Add contact
Add to new/existing contactgroup
Add contactgroup to host/service
Verify in nagios.cfg that all the config files you just edited are
listed as cfg_file.
Restart/reload nagios
Profit!

> I just want to add that "Send custom service notification" does work,
> was just expecting it to send the comments in the notification too.

This sends to the new contact for the service that regular notifications
do not work for? I'm not using nagios-3 yet but my reading of the code
is that it uses the exact same notification logic unless 'forced' or
'broadcast' is enabled. Are you using those? Forced causes nagios to
ignore time restrictions, broadcast tells nagios to send to all normal
contacts _and_ escalated contacts.

> To recap, I'm trying to use a different contact group other than
> 'admins', and nagios continues to use 'admins'.  I've tried changing
the
> group in the template file for windows-servers and in the windows.cfg
> file as well.

It would appear then, based on the information at hand, that the
'admins' contactgroup is still associated with that service.

--
Marc