check_nt/PNP questions...

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Tue Apr 29 00:44:43 CEST 2008

New installation of the latest PNP on 2.X Nagios.

My question has to do with the behavior of check_nt.  I have a check
defined for Trans/sec on SQL. I can run it like so:

./check_nt -H sql -p 5667 -v COUNTER -l "\\SQLServer:Databases(_Total)\
\Transactions/sec","Transactions/sec %f"

And the output is:
Transactions/sec 3 | 'Transactions/sec %f'=3.013140%;0.000000;0.000000;

Is there a way to make check_nt NOT turn the number into a percentage?

My second question has to do with the output I've gotten into PNP.
Some of my counters that do use percentages, CPU for example, are
showing weird averages or maxs like 272% CPU as a max load. Why would
this happen and how would I "fix" the data in the rrd?

Thanks!

--
Mike Neuharth <mjn[AT]umn[DOT]edu>