NC_Net Testers needed- Windows Monitoring

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 04:25:13 CEST 2008

Hi List;

Well its been a very busy year for me,  but the long awaited next release of
NC_NEt is almost complete.
a few items have been added to NC_Net and I could use a few users to help
testing before the official release.
Email me at NC_Net at Montitech.com and I respond with the current Test
version.
The Only download Source of NC_NEt is on SourceForgeL
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net

Fore those not familiar with NC_Net:
NC_NEt is a Windows plugin, that can submit passive checks using NSCA  or be
active checks using check_nt for standard tests or  check_nc_net that not
only allows access to the extra NC_NEt commands but is fully compatible with
any plugin that uses check_nt. NC_NEt offers simple
installation with additional configuration when using standard defaults.

NC_NEt offers all the command that check_nt has, as well as, Event Logs,
WMI, Script Running, Enumeration Commands, Remote configuration, Grouping
checks into a single command.  Security features include, IP or FQDN testing
of incomming Active checks, Stripping  Relative Paths out of Script Calls,
XOR (Default) NSCA, and naturally changing the Password of check_nt.
Alternate Encryption can be used with NSCA though using win32_send_nsca.

This version is still using Dot Net 2.0 and will be the last release before
upgrading to Dot Net 3.5

IT would be nice to get some feedback from 64Bit Servers, and Vista USers.

Thank you
TOny

NC_Net is opensource and does not require any fees,
however, donations for NC_NEt are appreciated and accepted through paypal at
Montitech.com