Issues getting check_nt -v COUNTERS to work...

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Tue Apr 22 21:24:20 CEST 2008

All-

For whatever reason, I cannot get a check_nt -v COUNTER check to work
through nagios itself. I can run this:
	[root at narsil plugins]# sudo -u nagios ./check_nt -H 192.168.110.84 -p
5667 -v COUNTER -l "\\SQLServer:General Statistics\\User Connections"

And it responds with:
	53

But with the check defined (details below) and run through nagios, the
GUI shows critical and "Name or service not known"

Any idea what the issue might be? I am sure I've missed something
simple...

Here's the grit:

nagios-plugins-nt-1.4.11-2.fc8
	check_nt v1590 (nagios-plugins 1.4.11)
nagios-2.11-3.fc8
opmon 2.7.1.0

SQL Connections Check:
define command {
     command_name check_nt_mssql_conns
     command_line $USER1$/check_nt -H %HOSTADDRESS% -p $ARG1$ -v
COUNTER -l "\\SQLServer:General Statistics\\User Connections"
     }

Service Definition:
define service {
     use                     informational-service
     host_name               sql
     service_description     MS_SQL_User_Connections
     contact_groups          windows-admins
     check_command           check_nt_mssql_conns!5667
}

--
Mike Neuharth <mjn[AT]umn[DOT]edu>