SMS issue Nagios 3.0

Henrik Schou schou at acebiosciences.com
Tue Apr 22 06:59:02 CEST 2008

Hi

I have installed Nagios 3.0 and I have some issues with Nagios sending
sms-messages. I have installed smstools, and sendsms works fine from the
command line. But when I want Nagios to send a notification, it fails.
Could this be because of wrong user rights? I have changed the owner of
sendsms to Nagios, but that didn't help.

Entry in my command.cfg:

# 'notify-by-sms' command definition

define command{

            command_name            notify-by-sms

            command_line   /usr/local/bin/sendsms $PAGER$ "Nagios:
Service $SERVICEDESC$ on $HOSTALIAS$ is in state: $SERVICESTATE$"

            }

# 'host-notify-by-sms' command definition

define command{

            command_name            host-notify-by-sms

            command_line   /usr/local/bin/sendsms $PAGER$ "Nagios: Host
$HOSTNAME$ ($HOSTADDRESS$) is in state: $HOSTSTATE$"

            }

Entry in my contacts.cfg:

define contact{

        contact_name                    schou-sms

        alias                                  Henrik Schou

        service_notification_period     smshours

        host_notification_period        smshours

        service_notification_options    c,r

        host_notification_options       d,r

        service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms

        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-sms

        pager                                xxxxxxxxxx

             can_submit_commands                         1

        }

Any ideas?

/Henrik

the system manager.