NRPE uninstall?

sachin holikar sholikar at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 13:54:10 CEST 2008

You rock Sebastian !! This was exactly the case. For now have kept the original entry and just added the new one as well. And it gave me the required o/p.

  Just dont know why Nagios Support site says this then ?

  CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake

    Solution:    This error message could be due to several problems:

   Different versions. Make sure you are using the same version of the check_nrpe plugin and the NRPE daemon. Newer versions of NRPE are usually not backward compatible with older versions.

  Any idea ? Am I going to face any issues later on ? If so then I can easily go ahead with older version of NRPE installation.

  Thanx

Sebastian Ries <Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de> wrote:
  Hi

> We have a working Nagios Setup. Now we decided to use new nagios
> version i.e. 3.0 and a new system as well.
>
> Accordingly installed nagios 3.0 on it and NRPE 2.12v . All looks ok
> until I tried to do NRPE on our existing configured Hosts and it gave
> the error as ,
>
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

Take a look at the log on the remote machine nrpe is running on.
Mostly this error occurs when the nrpe daemon does not allow connections
from the nagios server.
Have a look at "allowed_hosts" in your nrpe config.
Does this contain the IP-Adress of the old nagios server?

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH - Talaeckerstr. 30 - D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36 Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/ email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de