Hosts w/o services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 16 22:04:15 CEST 2008

I think that in almost all cases, this is going to be more than a simple
ping. Take a simple case of a router. You might think that if it's
pingable, it's up and working, if not it's down. However, if you're
looking to provide the best service to your clients you're also going to
be concerned with CPU utilization on that router, memory use, interface
errors/status, etc...

--
Marc