check_logfiles documentation

Victor Lanza vicjalan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 21:31:05 CEST 2008

Kyle,

Thanks, but using this resource I wasn't able to get far. I'm sure that I'm
making a small mistake. Here is how I have my setup so far:

Nagios Monitoring Server: version 3.0.1

Commands.cfg:

	define command {
       command_name  check_nrpe_arg
       command_line  $USER1$/check_nrpe -p 5777 -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t $ARG1$
c $ARG2$ -a $ARG3$
       }

Services.cfg:

	define service{
       use                  master-service
	 host                 rflx01app
	 service_description  Log Files
	 check_command
check_nrpe_arg!20!check_logfiles!etc/$SERVICEDESC$
	 }

Host Being Monitored:

Nrpe.cfg:

	command[check_logfiles]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_logfiles -f
etc/check_websphere

check_websphere (located in "/usr/local/nagios/etc/" along with the
nrpe.cfg)

\$seekfilesdir = '/usr/local/nagios/var/tmp';

# where the state information will be saved.

\$protocolsdir = '/usr/local/nagios/var/tmp';

# where protocols with found patterns will be stored.

\$scriptpath = '/usr/local/nagios/var/tmp';

# where scripts will be searched for.

\$MACROS = \{ CL_DISK01 => "/dev/dsk/c0d1", CL_DISK02 => "/dev/dsk/c0d2" \};

\@searches = (

  {

    tag => 'websphere',

    logfile =>
'/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/rflxappserver1/SystemOu
t.log',

    rotation => 'SystemOut',

    criticalpatterns => ['java.lang.OutOfMemoryError', 'hung.*'],

    options => 'noscript,protocol,nocount',

  },
);

At my first attempt Nagios displayed an unknown status, but with this latest
config that I have above, Nagios now shows "Connection refused by host".

Thanks again,