[Nagio-users] SMS Docs

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Apr 16 20:46:56 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 01:25:06PM -0400, Steven Valdinger wrote:
>                    Does anyone out there have any documentation that
>    they have written up for getting sms notifications up and running
>    on an AT&T/Cingular network? We are wanting to implement the
>    technology at our company, but the documentation is kind of spacey,
>    and the list not clear cut as well. Thanks a bunch!

I very much suspect you might find this message useful, Steven:

http://www.mail-archive.com/whatsup_forum@list.ipswitch.com/msg05831.html

See also:

http://activexperts.org/xmstoolkit/snpplist/

and, generally, the results of

http://www.google.com/search?q=AT%26T+SMS+SNPP

(I'm assuming that you want to take at least the SMTP service out of
the critical path.  If you want to take the entire Internet out of the
critical path, then you'll need dialup, and I don't know if they still
have such a gateway in the wake of the TAP port discontinuance.)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)