Need help with Nagios, PERC, and likely false warning

Andrew Cruse andrew at profitability.net
Wed Apr 16 18:46:00 CEST 2008

Scott R. Ehrlich wrote:
> I have a Dell PE2950 with PERC 5/i.  The server suffered a failed disk
> under RAID 0.  I obtained a replacement disk, rebuilt the system from
> the ground up (new logical volumes within the controller, new OS
> install) and
> the system is happy now.
>
> I installed nagios on a low-end PC (CentOS 5), and obtained nrpe from
> Nagios, installed a couple OpenManage plugins - Report and Storage.
> Both nagios plugins report the PERC as status Warning - PERC 5/i is
> Non-Critical/Degraded.
>
> The report and storage nagios plugins, along with a few other Dell
> plugins, all show the RAID volumes and disks as perfectly healthy.
>
> Are the Warnings a reflection of the OpenManage files obtained via
> yum, the nagios plugins (both plugins show the same issue), and/or
> does the RAID controller actually have a flag I missed, that still
> needs to be cleared, though the RAID was rebuilt?

None of the above, probably.  Most likely you're using a newer version of
OpenManage than was current when your controller firmware/drivers were new.
You could either downgrade to an older version of OpenManage, or better yet
upgrade the firmware/drivers to the latest version and clear the error.

Andrew