Problem with Event Handler

Miguel Angel ing.miguel.angel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 04:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi

First of all, I would like to apologize for my english.

I need your help, I'm trying to configure Nagios (version 2.5) for launch
backups with Bacula (www.bacula.org), for that I'm use a Event
Handler. Myproblem is that I've configure Nagios for start this event,
I'm new in the Event Handlers theme. The most importan parts of my nagios
configuration:

In "nagios.cfg":
enable_event_handlers=1

In "bigger.cfg":
# 'scliente' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host

        host_name               scliente
        alias                   scliente - Desktop
        address                 192.168.101.14
        parents                 vs1-dhcp
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     workhours
        notification_options    d,u,r
        event_handler           launch-bacula-jobs
        contact_groups          desktop-admins
        }

In "checkcommads.cfg":
# 'launch-bacula-jobs' command definition
define command{
        command_name    launch-bacula-jobs
        command_line    $USER2$/eventhandlers/launch-bacula-jobs $HOSTNAME$
$HOSTSTATE$ $HOSTSTATETYPE$
        }

My Script is  "/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/eventhandlers/launch-bacula-jobs"

#!/bin/sh

# LAUNCH BACULA JOBS EVENT HANDLER SCRIPT
# Written By: Skina Technologies (skina at skinatech.com)
# Last Modified: 04-04-2008

echo "Bacula Event Handler Script"
echo "HOSTNAME: $1"
echo "HOSTSTATE: $2"
echo "HOSTSTATETYPE: $3"

# Only take action on hard host states...
case "$3" in
HARD)

        case "$2" in
        DOWN)
                echo "The host is DOWN"
                ;;

        UP)
                echo "The host is UP. Start backup to $1"
                echo "run $1 yes" | bconsole
                ;;
        esac
        ;;

esac
exit 0

What is the problem????

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Atentamente,

Miguel Angel Moreno Bolaños

Usuario Linux registrado No. 391784
http://counter.li.org

"El amor es un dolor entre pecho y espalda,
que sabe a papas fritas sin salsa de tomate!"

Att: Nous