How to sync LDAP users in Nagios 2.x?

Terry Lin tlin at coremobility.com
Thu Apr 10 20:38:46 CEST 2008

Hi,

We have two Nagios one is version 1.x and the other one is version 2.9
and both use LDAP to login.

I just setup a new Nagios version 2.11 and it won't work for LDAP.

Here are the files that I checked:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf

/etc/httpd/conf.d/authz_ldap.conf

/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg -->

I checked every single Authentication settings but each setting Is the
same as my previous servers.

I don't know if I have missed anything in this file or I have to mess
around other files.

/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

But I login as my LDAP users and the browser told me I am not an
authorized user as below???

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
any of the services you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

Please help!

Thanks,

Terry Lin
System Administrator, Operations