help required- oracle monitoring using nagios

Neha.Sinha at iflexsolutions.com Neha.Sinha at iflexsolutions.com
Thu Apr 10 06:28:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to monitor an oracle server using nagios and am using a Perl
script check_oracle_generic.

I am new to nagios and hence have a very limited knowledge of it

In my commands.cfg file I have defined a commnad as follows:

define command{

        command_name    check_oracle_generic

        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_generic
-SID $ARG1$ -dbuser $ARG2$ -dbpassword $ARG3$ -w $ARG4$ -c $ARG5$ -q
$ARG6$

        }

Also in the service definition its defined as

define service{

        use                             local-service

        host_name                   IRIMS_Linux

        service_description        oracle session

        check_command           check_oracle_generic -SID test2 -dbuser
system -dbpassword manager -c 12 -w 18 -q \"select count(*) from
v$session where username in not null\"

        contact_groups             linuxadmin

        }

However when I m checking my nagios configuration I am getting the
following error

Error: Service check command 'check_oracle_generic -SID test2 -dbuser
system -dbpassword manager -c 12 -w 18 -q \"select count(*) from
v$session where username in not null\"' specified in service 'oracle
session' for host 'IRIMS_Linux' not defined anywhere!

Also the file in the location   /usr/local/nagios/libexec  is an
executable file.

Also is there any alternate method to monitor an oracle server using
nagios.

Warm Regards,

Neha Sinha

i-RIMS | i-flex Remote Infrastructure Management Services | i-flex TDMS

Tel: +91 80 6659 6000 | Extn:  6441 | Mobile: +91 9986760182

Fax: +91 80 6666 4005

Website:
http://www.iflexsolutions.com/iflex/solutions/itinfrastructure.aspx?mnu=
p3s4
<http://www.iflexsolutions.com/iflex/solutions/itinfrastructure.aspx?mnu
=p3s4>

Warm Regards,

Neha Sinha

i-RIMS | i-flex Remote Infrastructure Management Services | i-flex TDMS

Tel: +91 80 6659 6000 | Extn:  6441 | Mobile: +91 9986760182

Fax: +91 80 6666 4005

Website:
http://www.iflexsolutions.com/iflex/solutions/itinfrastructure.aspx?mnu=
p3s4

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The sender, therefore,  does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.