stability of ndoutils-1.4b7 (ndomod and ndo2db)?

Frank J. Gómez frank at crop-circle.net
Tue Apr 8 21:48:42 CEST 2008

Hi, I've just started using ndomod and ndo2db on a development server to
have status checks logged to a MySQL database instead of flat files.  I am
using Nagios v. 2.10 on the development server, v. 2.7 on the production
server.  The one on production can probably be upgraded to 2.10…

Anyway, the readme file in the ndoutils-1.4b7 says:

This code is still an alpha/beta quality, so expect problems if you intend
> to use
> it.  Make sure that you aren't using it with your only production
> installation of
> Nagios, or it could take down the Nagios process if the NDOMOD module
> segfaults.
> Nagios could segfault silently and you might never know that Nagios
> crashed...

However, I see from the SourceForge site that this code hasn't been changed
since 10/31/2007.  Is this add-on relatively stable?  Are other folks using
it in production?  Is there anything in particular I should be aware of?

Thanks!
-Frank