nagios 3.01 and NDOUtils

Rusty Hall rusty.hall at healthvision.com
Tue Apr 8 17:49:14 CEST 2008

                I have nagios 3.01 and the latest version of ndoutils,
nagvis and pnp4nagios installed on redhat 5.1.  Everything runs on the
same  server including  mysql . After a restart of nagios  everything
runs  fine  for about  5  minutes then I get the dreaded message "NDO
claims that nagios did no status Update for more than 180 seconds. Make
sure that nagios and ndo2db are running".  The only way to get it back
and running  is do rm   /usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock and then restart
and  again it works for about 5 minutes. I have double and triple  check
the config files in ndoutils, but I fear the issue is actually in nagios
itself, because if I tail /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log I see a bunch
stale service checks being  queued up.

                Any help would be greatly appreciated