DNX Version 0.18 Released!

John Calcote john.calcote at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 23:57:33 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.18 of the Distributed
Nagios eXecutor (DNX) project.

I sincerely apologize for the short time period between versions 0.17
and 0.18 (about 4 days!), but I felt that it was critical that the
most significant changes between these two versions be made available
to the public as soon as possible.

Besides the excellent fixes, enhancements, and changes found in 0.17,
version 0.18 also includes the following changes:

- Fixed problem where dnxClient would stop  processing jobs after a
while, thread pool bug - all threads would terminate - thanks to
Alessandro Ren, Jesse Caldwell and William Leibzon!

- Added code to fix TIME_WAIT state issues on restart.

- Added code to display the same version information from dnxstats as
from command line.

- Added code to have server return human-readable "OK" message on
dnxstats commands that didn't previously have reply text.

Currently, I believe that this release has no more major defects
(obviously this belief is subject to change). We on the DNX project
team fully intend to continue adding functionality, both to meet our
original design goals, and to add features requested on the dnx-devel
and dnx-users mailing lists. Nevertheless, we feel this is the most
stable DNX release to date.

http://dnx.sourceforge.net
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dnx

Please download and enjoy!