Notification - escalation question

joop3 joop3 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 4 17:41:34 CEST 2008

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:41:34 +0200
> Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij <at> vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> > joop3 wrote:
> >
> > | This is what I would like to achieve:
> > |
> > | When a host goes down,
> > | send out one email to helpdesk.
> > |
> > | When the host is still down after 1 hour,
> > | send out one email to helpdesk manager.

> > | define hostescalation {
> > |         first_notification 12
> > |         last_notification 13
> >
> > That means you want to use the 12th and 13th normal notification to be
> > used to escalate.
> >
> > But if you fire only 1 message how wil you escalate on the 12th and
> > 13th message?
>
> Try setting the first_notification to either 1 or 2.
>
> I've not tested this, it just seems to be logical.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt

Hmm,

OF course I've read the docs before even
thinking of posting a message.

It looks like I'm missing some logic here.

I made a normal notification that sends out only one
mail, which I want. To accomplish this, I set the
notification interval to '0'

So how then is the logic when for that same outage I want
an escalation 1 hour later?

Is this only possible by enabling more notification
thru the normal notification scheme?