best way to monitor 2nd nic and vlan IP

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:07:28 CEST 2008

Hello,
thx for the replies, currently I use the way Jason discrebed.
I just created a command that gets the IP, some more work to add new
hosts/Interfaces but it works fine.

define command{
        command_name    check_ping_vhost
        command_line    $USER1$/check_icmp -H $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$
}

efine service{
        host_name               test
        service_description     PING_v1
        check_command
check_ping_vhost!172.23.21.122!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        max_check_attempts      3
        normal_check_interval   1
        retry_check_interval    1
        check_period            24x7