NDOUtils Problem

Joe Precious JoeP at protronics.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 10:00:02 CEST 2008

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Marcel <webknowledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, I think Nagios3.0.X isn't supported yet. I'm having issues with
ndomod
> > for nagios 3-x installs, so I've sticked with nagios 2.11 with 1.4b7
and it
> > works fine. Hold your migration, for a new release of the mod.
>
> A number of people are working with this and Nagios 3.x, including
myself :).

> <Snip>
>
> a resolution.  I'm at a loss how to proceed with troubleshooting.
>
> >From my experience and the other posts I have seen on this the
problem
> is due to some problems in the NDO Utils code that escapes SQL
> statements and some INSERT SQL issues related to primary key
> violations on tables .. every time I start NDO up in Nagios I see a
> number of lines like yours; however, NagVis still works fine and the
> other information I need from that database seems to be intact.
>
> - Max

Thanks for the responses.  Its not essential that I get this working
straight away so I'll probably hang on for a new version - it would be
great if you could post here when you have it running.

I was going to start looking at NagVis as well, but I guess in my
instance it won't work yet because my NDO database is empty?

Joe