check_http question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Apr 3 21:51:17 CEST 2008

Please don't test your plugins as root. Root has greater access than the
nagios user.

> There is a redirection that happens and hence the -f follow
switch/option,
> after which it gets to a login page -
> https://myhostname.fqdn/security/LoginFrameset.jsp this is where it
needs to
> input the username/password, but I don't think it goes past this, and
I get a
> 'string not found' error.

check_http only works with htaccess authentication. Is that what you're
using?

> Redirection to https://myhostname.fqdn:443/security/LoginFrameset.jsp
> GET /security/LoginFrameset.jsp HTTP/1.0
> Connection: close
> Host: myhostname.fqdn
> Authorization: Basic Y2JsdC1pdDowbjN3QHl0MWNrM3Q=

It's following the redirection and sending the htaccess authentication
(Authorization) as it should.

>   <frame noresize src="/security/LoginHeader.jsp" name="header"
> scrolling="NO">
>   <frame noresize src="/security/Login.jsp"  name="content"
scrolling="AUTO">
>   <frame noresize src="/security/footer.jsp"  name="footer"
scrolling="NO">
> </frameset>

I have a feeling the above are going to be relevant.

> HTTP CRITICAL - string not found|time=0.027586s;;;0.000000
size=1319B;;;0

I'm not sure why it's returning this since you didn't tell it to search
for a string above. Is the above the complete command line you used?

--
Marc