checking all partitions on Windows host via check_nt?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:24:36 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:
> In the nrpe.cfg file on my montored box, I have the following command
> (which works beautifully).
>
> check
> command[check_disks_proc_mounts]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w
> 15% -c 10% $(for x in $(cat /proc/mounts |awk '{print $2}')\; do echo
> -n " -p $x "\; done)
>
> I am looking to make a check_nt equivalent to that command.  Has anyone done this? Or do they have any ideas on how I might possibly do so?

Nice to see my original bash idea has proliferated...

I actually had this thought last year as well and my original solution
was a very cheap bash script to loop through calls to the different
drive letters, which worked, but was
prone to being sensitive on latency since it had to make many round
trips (The same was true of checking multiple services in this way).

I think it would be better to have a native windows plugin to do this, I
just haven't had time to get round to writing and testing it.

I actually did write a windows plugin for the multiple services check
but have been so short on time that I wasn't able to thoroughly test
every code branch so I didn't release it. (it's similar in code base to
the check all automatic services are running plugin that I released though).

In fact, there are one or two plugins out there that do windows disk and
services, but I didn't like their style, I felt the output was
incoherent with Nagios style leading to a more mis-mashed dashboard
(which I keep on a screen by my desk at all times) and my coding was
more thorough so I didn't use them... but you're welcome to dig them out
and try them if you want. Have a peek at Nagios Exchange.

I'm hoping to get time soon to thoroughly test my services plugin and
also do the disk check plugin too. Stay tuned.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon