check_lm_sensors problem with ePN

Greg Vickers daehenoc at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 30 14:34:01 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've downloaded the check_lm_sensors-2.0.tar.gz plugin from
NagiosExchange
(http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Linux.55.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1011)
and am trying to use it in a Nagios installation.

Nagios2 (2.6-2+etch1) is installed on Etch and is being used to check
the temperature of the SATA HDDs.  When run from a shell the perl runs
just fine and behaves as expected.  However, when run from inside
lm_sensors.cfg:
# 'check_lm_sensors' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_lm_sensors
         command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_lm_sensors -h
'$ARG1$'=$ARG2$,$ARG3$
         }

and from host.cfg
define service{
         use                     generic-service
         host_name               newlagaan
         service_description     Check sda temperature
         check_command           check_lm_sensors!sda Temp!50!55
         }

I get an ePN error from Nagios:
Status Information:	**ePN failed to compile
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_lm_sensors: "Missing right curly or square
bracket at (eval 1) line 544, at end of line
and:
Performance Data:	syntax error at (eval 1) line 551, at EOF" at
/usr/lib/nagios2/p1.pl line 238.

I'm contacting the author to ask if there is an update, and I was
wondering if anyone here had come across this problem and/or have some
pointers for me?  I'm afraid my Perl is quite basic and I don't know how
to start diagnosing what is wrong.

Thanks,
Greg