Wildcards on ckeck_disk

Stevens, Michael Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com
Fri Sep 28 17:04:40 CEST 2007

I'd like to use wildcards on the check_disk (1.4.9 on Solaris) command
to exclude the monitoring of some mount points.  I have mounts that look
like:

/
/var
/other/variable/mountpoints

Each users $HOME is automounted at /home/username, and I do not want
check_disk to monitor those directories.  I've tried using various forms
of -x /home/*, but I've not been able to get check_disk to stop
monitoring the directories under /home.

In a similar thread, someone suggested setting up a for loop to do the
excludes.  So, I've done this:

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 8% -c 2% -m -x /dev/fd -x
/etc/mnttab $(for x in $(/usr/bin/grep home < /etc/mnttab |/usr/bin/awk
'{print $2}'); do echo -n " -x $x "; done)

This works from the shell, but not if I try to run it under nrpe.  Other
than putting a wrapper around the above command, is there any way to
exclude a list of similar mount points?  Thanks in advance,

--
Mike Stevens