turn off epn

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 27 20:19:58 CEST 2007

Marc Powell wrote:

> [...]

Or just chuck one look at the code that runs the check. It opens the file,
checks the first line for the handparsed equivalence of the regex
"# *!.*perl" before even considering the command cacheable. The perl
binary clearly doesn't match that, so it's never considered. Nagios doesn't
cache arguments to commands. That would be utterly daft.

It would actually make sense to never even open the file if it's bigger than
a certain size. Say, oh, 100KiB or something. Perl programs rarely (if ever)
grow that large (and if they do they almost certainly don't conform to the
rather strict EPN guidelines), and it would save a few cycles for checks that
bypass the embedded perl thing this way.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se