notifications 3.0b3 not working.

Dennis Hünseler huenseler at twt.de
Thu Sep 27 07:30:19 CEST 2007

Hi there,

It's hard to find out what goes wrong if we don't get some parts of the log and some parts of the config files. If you don't see any notifications in the logfile(/var/log/messages) there should at least be some lines like

Sep 23 11:05:17 caladan nagios: SERVICE ALERT: serv2;SMTP;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds
Sep 23 11:06:17 caladan nagios: SERVICE ALERT: serv2;SMTP;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds
Sep 23 11:07:17 caladan nagios: SERVICE ALERT: serv2;SMTP;CRITICAL;HARD;3;CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds

Important is the line with the HARD state change, which causes the notification.
If there aren't lines like that give us a look at the configs.

Kind regards,

Dennis Hünseler