bypass firewall

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:19:21 CEST 2007

If they allow outbound connections then you can just use NSCA and
passive service checks to feed results from inside the firewall's
boundaries to the Nagios server. Of course, then you have to have a port
forward to receive it, but that would be a change to your firewall, not
theirs.

If they fully egress filter as well, then there is no good way around
it, you need to get them to open a port for you to either forward nrpe
checks to the inside, or to allow outbound nsca results to be sent back
to the Nagios server.

-h

Hari Sekhon