Newbie Notifications Problem

Ray Wadkins rwadkins at tervela.com
Mon Sep 24 15:37:04 CEST 2007

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't include notify-host-by-email because it
didn't seem relevant, but it's in commands.cfg (pasted below).  The host
isn't failing, just the service.  When you say "service notifications
are suppressed" what do you mean?  Is there a configuration I can't see
that's suppressing service notifications?

# 'notify-host-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-host-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification
 Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState:
$HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTA
DDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n" | /bin/mail
-s "** $
NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ Host Alert: $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$ **"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
        }