Oracle test without oracle client

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:56:51 CEST 2007

"if" you could compile....

Yes yes I know, in fact Oracle sucks in few ways, I'm still a bit
surprised that they rate themselves so well, there have been so many
problems with them, they have many bugs etc and of course you don't have
the source to try compiling it on another arch, you're stuck with what
they give you.

but x86 boxes are so cheap, you could just buy one...

I'm not sure why people would not have some x86 boxes since everything
works on them, it's practically _the_ standard.

Even if you run other arches for some specific app, it doesn't mean you
can have a cheap x86 box somewhere.

But anyway, I digress...

To end, there is check_oracle and a few plugins in the contrib dir of
the standard plugins distribution. As well as a few on nagios exchange
if I am not mistaken...

-h

Hari Sekhon