Nagios Log Management Tips?

Rogelio Bastardo scubacuda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:52:19 CEST 2007

> Good grief, what on earth are you logging?  I'm monitoring over 1000
> hosts and 1600 services and my daily logs range between 600KB and
> 1.5MB.  Can you post a snippet of your log (say a 15min span ) so we can
> get an idea of what it is logging?

This is just a test box, and I'm wondering if it had something to do
with the me goofing around with n2rrd or something like that.

Knowing that they should be this size (or anywhere close to this size)
is a good thing to know.  All that I'm monitoring (in my test
environment) is like 20 Exchange servers and some networking
equipment.  All in all, probably about 100 services.

Thanks for the reality check!