Problem with a check log script and persistence of states

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Sep 19 13:46:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

	I have configured a check log plugin for nagios to check if my log
files check with some patterns. This plugin check the new lines from its
last run and if the pattern check it returns a CRITICAL (or WARNING)
state.

	The problem I have with this is that every time a CRITICAL is launched,
five minutes later returns to OK, because the next run of the plugin.

	What I want is that I could configure the service to not return to OK,
even if the script returns OK, so I have to manually return it to OK
(normally because I have revised the log and look for the problem
originitating the state).

	Is there any way to do this with nagios? Could it be the is_volatil
option?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática