dont check service when host down

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:18:26 CEST 2007

Ton,

   This sounds like a great candidate for scalability to not check
services on downed hosts?

On a large installation with several hosts down, if the service check
intervals for broken services increases (as I usually configure it to
do) then this could degrade the nagios server. You would be forced to
not have increased service check intervals for downed services.

It would be best if nagios actually did allow configuration of an option
to not check services for downed hosts. I'm not sure if this should be
done on a global or host basis though, host/host template is most
flexible I think.

Could we make this a feature request?

-h

Hari Sekhon