Further problems with NDO Utils

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 13 10:42:17 CEST 2007

Thanks for the write-up.

tom.welsh at bt.com wrote:
> Hi Andreas, Ton,
>
> My problem as you pointed out very well Andreas was my ld.so.conf. I had
> not included the /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql in it. I had included
> /usr/local/mysql/lib.

> Ton Voon's patched NDO 1.4b3
> http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2007/04/better_mysqlcli.html
>
> http://resources.opsview.org/ndoutils-1.4b3_with_mysql_patch.tar.gz
>
> Having fixed the ld.so.conf when I ran Ton's patched version which uses
> the mysql_config I was provided with a fully functional binary. Steps as
> follows

Hmm. I was curious to see if it would fix the problems when
libmysqlclient.so.15 was *not* in the configured path.

> ./configure --enable-mysql
>
> Make
>
> JOB DONE
>
> Fantastic patch Ton. It worked flawlessly on my SUSE Linux Enterprise
> Server 9.2
>
> Perhaps as you suggest Ton, try and get this into the ndo main code.

It's certainly a step in the right direction. If it works without the
ld.so.conf hacking I'd go so far as to say it's _the_ long-term solution.

> Once again thanks to you both for helping me through this.

No problem. Properly formulated questions from someone willing to put
some effort into finding the solution for him/her-self deserve proper
answers ;-)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se