Resp.: NDOUtiles not working

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Wed Sep 12 18:14:51 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I had a similar problem and I was getting the same error you guys are
getting

    	"Support for the specified database server is either not yet
supported,
    	or was not found on your system."

My system is setup as follows

OS and Software as follows
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9. SP2

MySQL 5.0.54
	./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

Nagios 2.9 Compiled from source
	./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios
--with-cgiurl=nagios/cgi-bin --with-htmurl=/nagios/
--with-nagios-user=nagios 	--with-nagios-group=nagios
--with-command-group=nagcmd --enable-event-broker

NDO Utils 1.4b5
	./configure --enable-mysql
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
--with-mysql-inc=/usr/local/mysql/include

What I found to be my error in the end was the ./configure line. I had
not specified the lib directories.

When I ran a make I then got further errors

    	cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
	make[1]: Entering directory `/home/welsht2/ndoutils-1.4b5/src'
	gcc -fPIC -O0 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c -o io.o io.c
	In file included from io.c:10:
	../include/config.h:250:25: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or
directory
	../include/config.h:251:26: mysql/errmsg.h: No such file or
directory
	make[1]: *** [io.o] Error 1

I had to edit the ndoutils/include/config.h and carry out the following

Change

	#include <mysql/mysql.h>
      #include <mysql/errmsg.h>

	#include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h>
	#include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/errmsg.h>

This then builds 	fine and you are left with your compiled files.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tom

P.S I still haven't got NDO utils working but its moving forward. I now
have a data sink error which im investigating.